First 5 County Profiles
Tulare County Profile
Tulare County is unique in population and culture. The programs funded by First 5 Tulare County address much of that variety.
I. Children will be mentally and physically healthy:
- Two programs provide oral health assessments and fluoride varnish application at 190 sites in Tulare County.
- Developmental assessments are provided by 12 different First 5 programs.
- Health assessments have been integrated into many programs
- Children’s mental health is directly addressed in four programs.
II. Children will be ready for school:
- First 5 funding provides pre-school educational activities at 18 sites in Tulare County.
III. Families will have knowledge and ability to promote their children’s development:
- Home visitation programs include case management, early literary activities, home safety assessments, and as part of a breastfeeding project
- Four Family Resource Center’s case manage new families, provide parenting classes, and assist families with the day to day challenges prevalent in rural communities